HSR&D Resource Centers
HSR&D provides core funding to three Resource Centers that support HSR&D management and the COEs by providing data, consultation, and focused research on management issues, health economics and systems.
- Boston, MA: Center for Information Dissemination and Education Resources (CIDER)
- Hines, IL: VA Information Resource Center (VIReC)
- Menlo Park, CA: Health Economics Resource Center (HERC)
The QUERI program also funds a resource center dedicated to supporting VA implementation research: Center for Implementation Practice and Research Support (CIPRS), Sepulveda, CA.
Health Economics Resource Center (HERC), Menlo Park, CA
- Documentation and evaluation of VA economic data bases, including Decision Support System national data extracts, and data on contract, pharmacy, prosthetics and other cost data.
- Creation of new VA economics data, including a comprehensive estimate of the cost of all VA health care encounters.
- Courses and seminars. HERC provides courses in cost-effectivness analysis and econometric methods, and coordinates a monthly health economics Cyberseminar.
- Economic consulting service. HERC provides VA economic researchers with expert advice on economic methods.
Center Executive Summary (160 KB, PDF)
VA Information Resource Center (VIREC), Hines, IL
- Data Knowledge and Research Utility: Create a growing knowledge base of factual and evaluative information about VA and select non-VA data for VA researchers using databases and information systems.
- Data Knowledge Sharing: Effectively share knowledge about databases and information systems with researchers.
- Liaison and Development: Represent the interests of VA researchers using data, databases and information systems.
Center Executive Summary (174 KB, PDF)
- Developing publications and managing HSR&D national dissemination efforts;
- Managing the national HSR&D and QUERI websites;
- Planning and facilitating meetings and conferences, including HSR&D and QUERI national meetings and state-of-the-art conferences;
- Coordinating HSR&D cyber seminars; and
- Developing HSR&D contributions to R&D publications and other VA and non-VA publications and products.
Center Executive Summary (145 KB, PDF)