- Online Implementation Science Journal - Implementation Science is an open access, peer-reviewed online journal published by BioMed Central. This exciting journal focuses on research examining methods to accelerate the implementation of evidence-based clinical practices in routine healthcare settings. The Editors-in Chief of Implementation Science are Brian Mittman, PhD, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System (US), and Martin Eccles, PhD, University of Newcastle upon Tyne (UK).
- Journal of Rural Social Sciences (JRSS) - The Journal of Rural Social Sciences is designed to disseminate research on rural issues inclusive of a broad range of disciplines, theoretical perspectives, and research methodologies. JRSS is refereed and published in open access online format.
- Informed Consent: An Annotated Bibliography (VA R&D wide)
- Hartford Faculty Scholars Program for PhD-level social workers from Veterans Health Administration
Other VA Web Sites
Non-VA Web Sites
- Academy Health
- Academy Health: Health Services Methods (information on measurement)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP): A family of health care databases and related products developed through a Federal-State-Industry partnership and sponsored by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). HCUP databases bring together the data collection efforts of State data organizations, hospital associations, private data organizations, and the Federal government to create a national information resource of patient-level health care data. HCUP includes the largest collection of multi-year hospital care data in the United States, with all-payer, encounter-level information beginning in 1988. These databases enable research on a broad range of health policy issues, including cost and quality of health services, medical practice patterns, access to health care programs, and outcomes of treatments at the national, State, and local market levels.
- HCUPnet: A free, on-line query system that provides users with instant access to the largest set of publicly available all-payer hospital care databases. HCUPnet's easy, step-by-step process allows users to identify, track, analyze, and compare statistics on hospital and emergency care. It allows users to generate tables and graphs of national, regional, and state-level hospital statistics. HCUPnet provides statistics from the HCUP nationwide databases -- the Nationwide Inpatient Sample and the Kids' Inpatient Database -- and select state inpatient and emergency department databases.
- HSR Information Central: A free HSR research portal run by the National Information Center on Health Services Research and Health Care Technology at the National Library of Medicine (NLM)