Health Services Research & Development

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
Go to the ORD website
Go to the QUERI website

Research Career Scientist (RCS) Award

Research Career Scientist (RCS) Award

RCS awards are for established, non-clinician, independent investigators and initially provide up to five years of funding. Career Scientists at the RCS level must have a minimum of six years of independent research support (VA or other), and must have current VA/HSR&D project support.

Senior Research Career Scientist (SRCS) Award

Selected individuals who have held a Research Career Scientist award for a minimum of five years may advance to an SRCS award. These senior level awards recognize VA health services researchers who are international leaders in their field. Awards are for seven years and are renewable indefinitely.