Aim and Function
The PROVEN Hub is designed to provide a single point of contact for the VA research community to design, conduct, and disseminate cutting-edge, operationally prioritized research and evaluation in support of a safe, effective, and efficient implementation of the Cerner Millennium EHR throughout VA. The six main functions of the PROVEN are as follows.
- SUPPORT. Support, promote, & enhance health services research and related to EHRM
- PILOT. Oversee conduct of rapid pilot projects studying aspects of the EHR implementation
- TRAIN and ADVISE. Provide methodological training, methodological and informatics expertise, & support to investigators of EHRM
- CONNECT and COORDINATE. Serve as liaison between EHRM researchers and VA operational partners and implementation sites
- DISSEMINATE. Communicate EHRM research findings to the EHRM program office and other VA decision-makers, and the informatics research community
- PRIORITIZE. Curate and prioritize the EHRM research agenda
PROVEN Hub Cores
The PROVEN Hub is organized into five Cores.
- Administrative Core (led by Dr. Steven Simon) – oversees strategic planning, management of PROVEN’s partnership network, research coordination and brokering, and the conduct of rapid pilot projects.
- Health Informatics Core (led by Dr. Michael Weiner) – organizes health informatics expertise and resources to accelerate EHRM-related research through support of a national research network.
- Data & Methods Core (led by Dr. Jessica Davila) – provides methodological expertise and support in design and conduct of EHRM research, facilitating collaborations among researchers needing Cerner data.
- Implementation & Training Core (led by Dr. Elizabeth Yano) – provides consultation and training on implementation strategies for EHRM-related research, evidence reviews of strategies in different organizational contexts, and technical support in deploying and evaluating alternate strategies throughout the EHRM implementation.
- Partnership & Engagement Core (led by Dr. Seppo Rinne) – supports active bidirectional and coordinated communication between the PROVEN Hub, its Hub members, and our operational partners.