- National Mortality Study and Disrupted Care Research Coordination: HSR&D is soliciting proposals for one Disrupted Care National Mortality Study to examine how all-cause and cause-specific Veteran mortality changed during the pandemic and how such changes were associated with measures of COVID severity, changes in care, or other measures of social disruption. In addition to the mortality study, the research team will help facilitate other projects on disrupted care by: 1) directing a data and methods work group to identify data needs and promote use of common measures of pandemic impact, disrupted care, and disease outcomes; and 2) coordinating communications among researchers, stakeholders, and leadership across individual studies to facilitate early learning and alignment across projects with needs of VA and other Federal efforts.
a. Timeline: Off-cycle merit review with ITS due March 12th and full proposals due April 12th
b. Please see solicitation for more details.
- Service-Directed Request for Applications on Pandemic-Related Disrupted and Deferred Care: The goal of this RFA is to support new research studies that will conduct more detailed examinations of the impact of the pandemic on particular clinical outcomes (for example, suicide or acute cardiovascular events) and particular aspects of care (for example, use of elective procedures). These projects will generate information that the VA health system can use to better serve Veterans during the ongoing pandemic response and recovery and to prepare for future public health emergencies where care may be disrupted. Ideally, these projects will assist VHA partners to develop strategies at the level of patient, provider, and health system to mitigate adverse effects of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and improve care delivery post-pandemic.
a. Timeline: Service-directed RFA for the August 2021 SMRB; ITS window opens April 23rd and full proposals due by June 8th
b. Two cyberseminars with partners will be hosted by CIDER to give researchers an opportunity to hear directly from partners about their ongoing program office priorities. Mental Health and Disrupted Care on March 22, 2PM and Acute/Chronic Conditions and Disrupted Care on March 25, 2PM. Registration for these sessions begins next week via CIDER.
c. Please see solicitation for more details.
(INTRANET ONLY. Copy and paste the link into your browser if you have intranet access.)
- Medication Collaboratory Projects
- COVID-19 Observational Research Collaboratory (CORC)
- Supplemental Funding to Study the Pandemic's Effects on Non-COVID Health Outcomes
- Vaccine Behavior Uptake Study (HSR&D)