In general, health informatics is an evolving specialization that links information technology, communications and healthcare to improve the quality and safety of patient care. Within VA, the study of health informatics is an important part of maintaining and improving patient care quality because of VA’s unique status as an integrated healthcare system reliant on a unified patient medical record system.
Search results were generated based on the search term "Health Informatics". Results are updated weekly, as new data are available.
VIEW: Citations | Publication Briefs | Studies | HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters | Topic Spotlight | Cyberseminars | Videos | Podcasts | Other Resources
(5 of more than 11 HEALTH INFORMATICS focused publications)
- McFarlane TD, Dixon BE, Grannis SJ, Gibson PJ. Public Health Informatics in Local and State Health Agencies: An Update From the Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey. Journal of public health management and practice : JPHMP. 2019 Mar 1; 25 Suppl 2, Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey 2017:S67-S77.
- Goulet JL, Zeng Q, Marshall N, Morioka C. Integrative Health Informatics: The VHA Experience. 2017 Mar 27. Available from: https://www.amia.org/jointsummits2017/panels.
- Weir CR. Evidence-Based health Informatics: Promoting Safety and Efficiency Through Scientific methods and Ethical Policy. 2016 Jun 18.
- Tuepker A, Reeves R. Mixed Method Findings and Implications for Future Informatics Research from the Consortium for Health Informatics: PTSD Project. [Cyberseminar]. 2015 Jun 16.
- Goldstein MK. Health Informatics Tutorial: Knowledge-Based Decision Support Systems for Implementing Clinical Practice Guidelines. Paper presented at: American Medical Informatics Association Annual Symposium; 2009 Nov 14; San Francisco, CA.
» View more Citations
( 5 of more than 6 HEALTH INFORMATICS focused projects
||Teledermatology mobile apps: Implementation and impact on Veterans' access to dermatology
||Prioritizing and Piloting Veterans' MHV Meaningful Use Measures
||Optimizing Veterans Use of eHealth Technologies
||A Clinic-Based Intervention to Promote Veteran Enrollment in My HealtheVet
||Patient Centered Evaluation of Computerized Patient Records System
» View more Studies
HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters
0 sample "Health Informatics" publications displayed.
No search results were returned. Please choose another search term and try again.