Research on implementation science involves the study of methods to promote the systematic uptake of research findings into routine clinical practice in order to improve the quality and effectiveness of healthcare. An important concept of implementation is creating partnerships with clinical and operations teams at the outset of research projects. Examples of implementation studies include studying the effectiveness of brief alcohol counseling and, evaluating implementation of VA acute stroke care centers.
Search results were generated based on the search term "implementation". Results are updated weekly, as new data are available.
VIEW: Citations | Publication Briefs | Studies | HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters | Cyberseminars | Videos | Podcasts | Other Resources
(5 of more than 1163 IMPLEMENTATION focused publications)
- Wu RR, Myers RA, Sperber N, Voils CI, Neuner J, McCarty CA, Haller IV, Harry M, Fulda KG, Cross D, Dimmock D, Rakhra-Burris T, Buchanan AH, Ginsburg GS, Orlando LA. Implementation, adoption, and utility of family health history risk assessment in diverse care settings: evaluating implementation processes and impact with an implementation framework. Genetics in Medicine : Official Journal of The American College of Medical Genetics. 2018 Jun 6.
- Chou AF, Graber CJ, Zhang Y, Jones M, Goetz MB, Madaras-Kelly K, Samore M, Glassman PA. Specifying an implementation framework for Veterans Affairs antimicrobial stewardship programmes: using a factor analysis approach. The Journal of antimicrobial chemotherapy. 2018 Jun 4.
- Sullivan JL, Eisenstein R, Price T, Solimeo S, Shay K. Implementation of the Geriatric Patient Aligned Care Team Model in the Veterans Health Administration. Journal of American Board of Family Medicine. 2018 Jun 1; xx(xx): xx.
- Kanwal F, Mapaskhi S, Smith D, Taddei T, Hussain K, Madu S, Duong N, White D, Cao Y, Mehta R, El-Serag H, Asch S, Midboe A. Implementation of a Population-Based Cirrhosis Identification and Management System. Clinical gastroenterology and hepatology : the official clinical practice journal of the American Gastroenterological Association. 2018 May 23.
- Miech EJ, Rattray NA, Flanagan ME, Damschroder L, Schmid AA, Damush TM. Inside help: An integrative review of champions in healthcare-related implementation. SAGE open medicine. 2018 May 17; 6:2050312118773261.
» View more Citations
(5 of more than 75 IMPLEMENTATION focused publication briefs)
- Identifying Best Strategies to Implement Patient-Centered Care
This paper describes a qualitative study of four early Centers of Innovation (VA medical centers considered early leaders in patient-centered care [PCC]) to inform VA leadership about how best to catalyze and sustain change across the system. Investigators identified seven domains that impacted PCC implementation: 1) leadership, 2) patient and family engagement, 3) staff engagement, 4) focus on PC...
Date: March 7, 2018
- Veterans with Heart Disease More Likely to Participate in Cardiac Rehabilitation (CR) When Home-Based CR Program is Available
This study examined whether the implementation of new home-based cardiac rehabilitation (HBCR) programs is associated with improved cardiac rehabilitation (CR) participation among Veterans. Findings showed that Veterans hospitalized with ischemic heart disease were more likely to participate in CR when a home-based program was available. Implementation of HBCR increased participation from 6% to 25...
Date: January 22, 2018
- Medical Record Alert Associated with Reduced Opioid and Benzodiazepine Co-prescribing
This implementation project evaluated the effectiveness of an advanced medication alert designed to reduce opioid and benzodiazepine co-prescribing among Veterans with high-risk conditions (substance use disorder, sleep apnea, suicide risk, and age =65) at one VA healthcare system (VA Puget Sound). Findings showed that the proportions of patients with concurrent prescriptions decreased significant...
Date: December 28, 2017
- More Patient-Aligned Care Team Components Translates to Improved Quality of Care for Veterans with Chronic Disease
This study examined whether the extent to which clinics had implemented PACT components was associated with improvements in the quality of care for Veterans with chronic conditions over a four year period. Findings showed that over four years concurrent with PACT implementation, primary care clinics with the most PACT components in place had greater improvements in 5 of 7 chronic disease intermedi...
Date: November 20, 2017
- VA Experience with Implementing Intensive Primary Care Programs for Veterans at Highest Risk
This case study describes VA’s experience with implementing intensive primary care programs, as well as the program elements that appear to be necessary to meet the complex care needs of these high-risk Veterans. Findings showed that the PACT Intensive Management program (PIM) has been successfully implemented for more than three years at five demonstration sites in the VA healthcare system. The P...
Date: October 25, 2017
» View more Publication Briefs
( 5 of more than 583 IMPLEMENTATION focused projects
|| Progressing towards implementation of lung cancer screening the VHA
|| Predicting implementation from organizational readiness to change
|| Developing an implementation program for weight loss in persons with SCI
||Improving Veteran Health by Increasing Dental Stewardship of Antibiotics and Opioids
||post-REcovery LIbEration From Oxygen in Exacerbated COPD (RELIEF)
||Feemster, Laura Cecere
» View more Studies
There are currently no videos for this topic.