Patient-Aligned Care Teams (PACT)
PACT is a team-based model of care in which a team of health professionals, led by a provider, works collaboratively with the patient to provide for all of the patient's healthcare needs—or appropriately coordinates care with other qualified professionals. Issues being studied include methods of improving care coordination, how to automate point-of-care delivery, and point-of-care health literacy dissemination.
Each "widget" below is populated by a dynamic search of the HSR&D website and its underlying databases. Search results are generated based on the search term "PACT". Results are updated regularly, as new data are available.
VIEW: Citations | Publication Briefs | Studies | HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters | Topic Spotlight | Cyberseminars | Videos | Podcasts | Other Resources
(5 of more than 119 PACT focused publications)
- Pizer SD. Annual briefing of PEPReC's activities relevant to CSO, including MISSION Act access models, clinic operations technical assistance, PACT Act HR targeting, reliance analysis, and Evidence Act Implementation and Evaluation Centers: Briefing before the Director of CSO, Carolyn Stoessen and CSO staff.; 2022 Sep 15; Virtual.
- Cornell PY, Celardo C, Chmelka G, Giles AJ, Halladay CW, Halaszynski J, Montano AR, Rudolph JL, Silva JW. Social work and telehealth: How Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) social workers in the Veterans Health Administration responded to COVID-19. Social Work in Health Care. 2021 Apr 7; 60(2):131-145.
- Solimeo SL, Steffen MJA, Gardner EE, Adjognon O, Shin MH, Moye J, Sullivan JL. Using the PACT Resources Framework to Understand the Needs of Geriatric Primary Care Teams. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2020 Sep 1; 68(9):2006-2014.
- Cordasco KM, Saifu HN, Song HS, Hsiao JJ, Khafaf M, Doyle B, Rubenstein LV, Chrystal JG, Bharath P, Ganz DA. The ED-PACT Tool Initiative: Communicating Veterans' Care Needs After Emergency Department Visits. Journal for healthcare quality : official publication of the National Association for Healthcare Quality. 2020 May 1; 42(3):157-165.
- Chang ET, Stockdale SE. What do Patient-Aligned Care Teams (PACT) Need to Improve Care for Patients at High-risk for Hospitalization or Mortality? Results from the PACT Intensive Management Evaluation. Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT) Demonstration Labs [Cyberseminar]. VA HSR&D. 2019 May 15.
» View more Citations
(5 of more than 154 PACT focused publication briefs)
- Substantial Health Risks Remain for Veterans Two Years after Hospitalization for COVID-19
Investigators in this study conducted a comprehensive assessment of the risks and burdens of post-acute sequelae of COVID-19 among Veterans across care settings two years post-infection. Findings showed that while the risks of many sequelae became non-statistically significant at two years, substantial risk remained that impacted several major organ systems. The risk horizon for those hospitalized...
Date: August 21, 2023
- Deployment of Medical Scribes Improves Provider Productivity and Wait Times in Cardiology and Orthopedics
This study evaluated the impact of medical scribes on VHA provider productivity, wait times, and patient satisfaction in cardiology and orthopedics, as mandated by the MISSION Act. Findings showed that randomization into the scribes pilot was associated with increased productivity in cardiology and orthopedics, decreased wait times in orthopedics, and no changes in patient satisfaction. Randomizat...
Date: July 1, 2023
- Intervention for Patient-Family Dyads Improves Outcomes for Veterans with Diabetes
Researchers designed the Caring Others Increasing Engagement in Patient Aligned Care Teams (CO-IMPACT) intervention to provide training and tools to adult patient-supporter dyads. This randomized clinical trial evaluated the CO-IMPACT intervention compared with standard care among Veterans with diabetes and HbA1c>8% or systolic blood pressure (SBP)>150mmHg, each with an adult supporter (239 dyads)...
Date: November 14, 2022
- Difficulty of Diagnosing and Treating Veterans Suspected of Having Long COVID
Using data from VA’s electronic health record (EHR), investigators identified a random, nation-wide sample of 200 VA patients who were assigned a new ICD-10 diagnostic code for long COVID between October 1, 2021, and March 1, 2022. Investigators then conducted a text word search and qualitative analysis of Veterans’ EHRs to identify dominant themes pertaining to the diagnosis and management of lon...
Date: November 3, 2022
- Timeliness of VA Purchased Community Primary Care Did Not Improve Following Early Expansion Under MISSION Act
This study examined whether early Community Care Network (CCN) implementation impacted community primary care (PC) appointment wait times. Findings showed that expanded contracting with community providers and new provider network adequacy standards implemented through CCNs did not, in early stages, improve the timeliness of community primary care for Veterans. Wait times increased sharply for bot...
Date: October 28, 2022
» View more Publication Briefs
( 5 of more than 0 PACT focused projects
» View more Studies
HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters
5 sample "PACT" publications displayed.
PACT to Improve Healthcare for People with Serious Mental Illness || In Progress
Health Conditions » Table of Contents PACT to Improve Healthcare for People with...under the Patent-Aligned Care Team (PACT) model, based on the Patient-Centered
Overview: Advancements in VA Primary Care || In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression
|| In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...way. VA Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACTs) screen all patients annually for alcohol...alcohol and tobacco use, and thus the PACT platform is an ideal way to reach these
Engaging Veterans and Family Supporters in PACT to Improve Diabetes Care || In Progress
Engaging Veterans and Family Supporters in PACT to Improve Diabetes Care Feature Article...or hyperlipidemia. The nationwide VA PACT (Patient-Aligned Care Teams) initiative
Advancements in VA Primary Care || In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...Aligned Care Team (PACT) Your VA Primary Care Provider and PACT Team Questions about
» View more Publications
Read more on this topic and related topics
The most recent "PACT" seminars are displayed.
There are currently no Cyberseminars for this topic.
- VISN 4's Center for Evaluation of PACT (CEPACT) is one of four Demonstration Labs funded by VA and HSR&D to evaluate the implementation of the Patient-Aligned Care Team (PACT) model. Read about research and leadership highlights from FY2010 through FY2014 in these CEPACT Fact Sheets. For more information, visit the CEPACT website at https://www.visn4.va.gov/VISN4/CEPACT/index.asp.
- Learn more about the research being conducted within HSR&D's PACT CREATE (Collaborative Research to Enhance and Advance Transformation and Excellence) initiative.
- To find tools, resources, and more information about various aspects of the PACT model, visit the VA's Office of Patient Care Services PACT website.
- Visit the HSR&D Center for the Study of Healthcare Innovation, Implementation and Policy and learn more about their research into supporting the PACT model of care delivery.