COnsortia of REsearch (COREs)
The goal of the COREs is to accelerate research that will lead to measurable improvements in the care delivered to Veterans in each of these priority areas. COREs will support this goal by:
- Reviewing the current HSR&D research portfolio, research agendas and solicitations from other Federal partners;
- Developing an inclusive network of researchers collaborating to further evidence in these areas;
- Coordinating with partners to identify data resources, data needs, and potential research priorities;
- Facilitating the development and execution of research to address priority goals with a view to implementation and working with QUERI to identify best practices; and
- Developing annual milestones noted in an annual report, and disseminating the progress and impacts of research in the designated priority areas.
See also: Women's Health Research - HSR&D has overseen development of VA-wide and HSR&D-focused research to advance an agenda that includes women Veterans' unique healthcare needs.