VA HSR&D Centers
There are 19 HSR&D Centers of Innovation (COINs), 4 Resource Centers, and 1 Centralized Service Program located throughout the US.
Centers of Innovation (COINs)
VA's Health Services Research and Development Service (HSR&D) funds nineteen Centers of Innovation (COINs). The COINs will build on the successes of HSR&D's earlier Centers of Excellence (COEs) and Research Enhancement Award (REAP) programs.
The COIN program rewards research innovations and partnerships to ensure that research has the greatest possible impact on VHA policies, healthcare practices, and health outcomes for Veterans. A unique feature of the COINs is that they include one or more focused areas of research that addresses questions of significance to VHA clinical and operational partners, and these partners will be engaged in the research activities of the COINs.
- Ann Arbor, MI: Center for Clinical Management Research (CCMR)
- Bedford, MA and Boston, MA:
Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research (CHOIR)
Charleston Health Equity and Rural Outreach Innovation Center (HEROIC)
Center for Health Services Research in Primary Care
- Hines, IL:
Center of Innovation for Complex Chronic Healthcare (CINCCH)
- Houston, TX:
Center for Innovations in Quality, Effectiveness and Safety (IQuESt)
- Indianapolis, IN:
Center for Health Information and Communication (CHIC)
Iowa City, IA:
Center for Comprehensive Access & Delivery Research and Evaluation (CADRE)
- Los Angeles, CA: Center for the Study of Healthcare Innovation, Implementation and Policy (CSHIIP)
- Minneapolis, MN: Center for Chronic Disease Outcomes Research (CCDOR)
- North Florida/South Georgia and Tampa: Center of Innovation on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (CINDRR)
North Little Rock, AR: Center for Mental Healthcare and Outcomes Research (CeMHOR)
- Palo Alto, CA: Center for Innovation to Implementation (Ci2i): Fostering High Value Care
- Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, PA: Center for Health Equity Research & Promotion (CHERP)
- Portland, OR: Center to Improve Veteran Involvement in Care (CIVIC)
- Providence, RI: Center of Innovation in Long-Term Services and Supports for Vulnerable Veterans
- Salt Lake City, UT: Informatics, Decision-Enhancement and Analytic Sciences Center (IDEAS 2.0)
Seattle, WA and Denver, CO: Center of Innovation for Veteran-Centered and Value-Driven Care
- West Haven, CT: Pain Research, Informatics, Multi-morbidities, and Education (PRIME) Center
Resource Centers and Centralized Service Program
Resource Centers and Centralized Service Program provide support to central office leadership and field investigators by disseminating HSR&D research findings; providing information and consultation about VA data; and connecting researchers with each other through ongoing education and symposia.
Centralized Service Program