SPRINT Active Projects Inventory
One of SPRINT’s core activities is to synthesize and maintain a “state of the science” data repository containing information about suicide prevention research activities, including VHA clinical operations-funded suicide prevention demonstration projects.
The downloadable spreadsheet below contains information about current fiscal year VA-funded studies that SPRINT has learned about. The data are updated at least quarterly.
SPRINT identifies and categorizes suicide prevention projects using the following sources:
- Office of Research and Development RAFT database: This database is maintained by ORD and includes actively funded ORD-funded projects. ORD codes for projects that are focused on suicide prevention.
- Direct communications with representatives from VA operations groups including the Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention and Office of Rural Health
- Follow-up communications with investigators of funded projects
- ORD website funded projects list.
- Word of mouth (from investigators, leadership, program officers, etc.)
- Additional search query tools such as NIH Reporter (Query Form - NIH RePORTER - NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools Expenditures and Results) and Clinical Trials.gov.
- The suicide prevention research landscape changes rapidly. We are continually updating our inventory and the information contained it. It can be challenging to code information about a project reliably; we depend on the investigators we contact to provide us information such as abstracts/aims and help us categorize studies correctly.
- Projects that are no longer funded, or which have not yet started are not included in RAFT and therefore may not yet have come to SPRINT’s attention—there may be a substantial time lag before a project appears in our inventory as a result
- If you are an investigator on an active VA-funded project and don’t see your project or feel your project’s information is incorrect, please reach out to us to help us fix it by emailing SuicidePreventionRes@va.gov.
View Active Projects Inventory
HSRD maintains a Suicide Prevention Research Project Page which can provide additional information: https://www.hsrd.research.va.gov/research_topics/suicide.cfm
Please note that we also maintain some information on DoD projects and NIH projects—please reach out to us if you have questions about these projects.