Description: This seminar will highlight data available from the Chief Business Office of Purchased Care (CBOPC) regarding authorizations for healthcare services under the Veterans Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014 (VACAA). These data compile authorization and appointment information from providers contracted to provide care for VACAA-eligible Veterans. The presenters will discuss how and why the data is collected; how it is processed and cleaned; its contents and structure; and its uses and limitations in answering research and quality improvement questions.
• Introduce the CBOPC and its role in collecting and maintaining VACAA data
• Explain how and why contractor data is collected and processed
• Describe the contents of the data source: structure, location, and access
• Describe the general oversight and use of the data
• Discuss the research implications of Choice Act data