Use of ORD Budget Workspace SharePoint Site
Please note that not all Financial requests require submission of a project modification. The Office of Research and Development (ORD) Budget Workspace SharePoint Site may be utilized for some minor fiscal transactions. Please see guidance outlined below.
Stations should use the ORD Budget Workspace SharePoint site (see link below) to send requests for all transfers and pullbacks. Requests of this nature should cease being sent by e-mail to Danna Ackerman. No modifications are allowed on this site; modifications should go through the HSR&D modification portal. The Budget Workspace site allows the request to be completed by another staff member in Finance, when Danna Ackerman is out of the office.
Link to Budget Workspace SharePoint Site:
If you are on the VA network, copy and paste into your browser:
(NOTE: The site is closed for the end of the FY and will open back up on October 2nd.)
Acceptable minor requests for the Share point site include:
- Transfer existing funds from site to site within the fiscal year. This request should be generated by the PI site.
- Pull back funds sent in error.
- Pull back small amounts of unused funds, i.e. travel. Larger amounts over $50K may be referred to modification.
- Request correction to initial funding received within 2 weeks after funding.
- Request funds held for TBNs; for sites not initially ready; or other reasons noted in Remarks section of pink budget sheets.
- Adding a site, such as Centralized Transcription Services Program, that provides a service and does not require additional research related regulatory document (e.g. ACOS/R Assurance and PI Assurance documents).
Unacceptable requests for the SharePoint site include:
- Cost extensions; no-cost extensions;
- Redistribution of funds between years;
- Additional funding; adding new sites that require research regulatory documents;
- Changes in PIs, site investigators, or study sites.
Prior year funds have a designation on the SharePoint site for changes; however,it is highly recommended that stations handle their issues in the current year because it is likely that the request will be completed against current year – not prior. The “spend prior year first” message remains unchanged.
There is a separate portal for 870 QUERI funds transactions on the Sharepoint site. Please use the correct portal when requesting changes.
For budgetary questions, contact Danna Ackerman at Danna.Ackerman@va.gov.