» Back to Awards List
May 1, 2009
VA HSR&D Physician-Researchers Appointed to Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Faculty Physician Scholars Program
Five VA HSR&D physician-researchers have been appointed to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Physician Faculty Scholars Program (PFS) for the Class of 2012. Congratulations to new appointees:
- David Ganz, MD, PhD, Center for the Study of Healthcare Provider Behavior, VA Greater Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA.
- David Haggstrom, MD, MAAS, Center of Excellence on Implementing Evidence-Based Practice, Richard L. Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, IN.
- Erin Krebs, MD, MPH, Center of Excellence on Implementing Evidence-Based Practice, Richard L. Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, IN.
- Rebecca Sudore, MD, Program to Improve Care for Veterans with Complex Comorbid Conditions, San Francisco VAMC, San Francisco, CA.
- Amal N. Trivedi, MD, MPH, Systems, Outcomes and Quality in Chronic Disease & Rehabilitation, Providence VAMC, Providence, RI.
The RWJF PFS program was created to address a critical period in the academic careers of new physician-scientists—typically the period after they have completed their clinical fellowship training and have taken their first faculty position. The program provides junior faculty with mentoring, protected time, networking, and the opportunity to gain valuable research experience.
VA faculty scholars are physicians (M.D. or D.O.) who are currently in their first year of the VA Career Development Award (CDA) program. All first year CDAs are encouraged to apply to apply for the program. VA currently has five advisors who serve on the PFS program's National Advisory Committee.
Congratulations are also in order for three VA HSR&D physician-researchers who complete their appointments on June 30, 2009:
- Ashish Jha, MD, Boston VA Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Caroline Richardson, MD, Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, MI
- Louise Walter, MD, Program to Improve Care for Veterans with Complex Comorbid Conditions, San Francisco VAMC, San Francisco, CA
More information about becoming a VA Faculty Scholar is available on the program's website.