Patient-Aligned Care Teams (PACT)
PACT is a team-based model of care in which a team of health professionals, led by a provider, works collaboratively with the patient to provide for all of the patient's healthcare needs—or appropriately coordinates care with other qualified professionals. Issues being studied include methods of improving care coordination, how to automate point-of-care delivery, and point-of-care health literacy dissemination.
Each "widget" below is populated by a dynamic search of the HSR&D website and its underlying databases. Search results are generated based on the search term "PACT". Results are updated regularly, as new data are available.
VIEW: Citations | Publication Briefs | Studies | HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters | Topic Spotlight | Cyberseminars | Videos | Podcasts | Other Resources
(5 of more than 118 PACT focused publications)
- Cornell PY, Celardo C, Chmelka G, Giles AJ, Halladay CW, Halaszynski J, Montano AR, Rudolph JL, Silva JW. Social work and telehealth: How Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) social workers in the Veterans Health Administration responded to COVID-19. Social Work in Health Care. 2021 Apr 7; 60(2):131-145.
- Solimeo SL, Steffen MJA, Gardner EE, Adjognon O, Shin MH, Moye J, Sullivan JL. Using the PACT Resources Framework to Understand the Needs of Geriatric Primary Care Teams. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2020 Sep 1; 68(9):2006-2014.
- Cordasco KM, Saifu HN, Song HS, Hsiao JJ, Khafaf M, Doyle B, Rubenstein LV, Chrystal JG, Bharath P, Ganz DA. The ED-PACT Tool Initiative: Communicating Veterans' Care Needs After Emergency Department Visits. Journal for healthcare quality : official publication of the National Association for Healthcare Quality. 2020 May 1; 42(3):157-165.
- Chang ET, Stockdale SE. What do Patient-Aligned Care Teams (PACT) Need to Improve Care for Patients at High-risk for Hospitalization or Mortality? Results from the PACT Intensive Management Evaluation. Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT) Demonstration Labs [Cyberseminar]. VA HSR&D. 2019 May 15.
- Jones AL, Hausmann LRM, Kertesz SG, Suo Y, Cashy JP, Mor MK, Pettey WBP, Schaefer JH, Gordon AJ, Gundlapalli AV. Providing Positive Primary Care Experiences for Homeless Veterans Through Tailored Medical Homes: The Veterans Health Administration's Homeless Patient Aligned Care Teams. Medical care. 2019 Apr 1; 57(4):270-278.
» View more Citations
(5 of more than 149 PACT focused publication briefs)
- VA Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder was Maintained During the COVID Pandemic Through Rapid Shift to Telehealth
At the beginning of the COVID pandemic, key federal policy changes were implemented to decrease barriers to telehealth-delivery of buprenorphine, a life-saving medication treatment for patients with opioid use disorder (OUD). This study examined the impact of these COVID-19 policies on buprenorphine treatment across different modalities (telephone, video, and in-person visits). Findings showed tha...
Date: July 28, 2022
- Despite Guidelines, Women Veterans More Likely to Receive Unrecommended Psychiatric Medications for PTSD than Men
The primary objectives of this work were to examine PTSD prescribing practices over the last decade (2010–2019) for women and men receiving VA care – and to determine the impact of comorbid diagnoses and demographic characteristics on these practices. Findings showed that across medication classes and years, women were more likely to receive all psychiatric medications of interest. Gender differen...
Date: July 7, 2022
- PTSD-Multimorbidity in Recently Discharged Veterans Predicts Poor Social Functioning, Increasing Risk for Suicidal Ideation
A growing body of literature suggests that problems experienced by Veterans during their transition from military to civilian life confer significant risk for suicidal ideation (SI). One of these problems is PTSD, which, along with chronic pain and sleep disturbance, can increase risk for SI. Findings from this study showed that at approximately 15 months post-separation, almost 91% of Veterans wi...
Date: June 2, 2022
- Predictive Tool Associated with 22% Lower Odds of All-Cause Mortality among High-Risk Veterans Taking Opioids
In 2018, VA mandated a case review intervention that targeted patients who had been prescribed opioid analgesics and who were at high risk of adverse outcomes. The Stratification Tool for Opioid Risk Mitigation (STORM), a provider-facing dashboard that uses predictive analytics to stratify patients prescribed opioids based on their risk for overdose/suicide, was developed to identify these patient...
Date: May 2, 2022
- VA’s National Performance Measurement System Reveals Gaps in Timely Communication of Test Results to Veterans
Investigators in this study analyzed the first full year of timeliness of test results communication measures in a sample including all 141 VA facilities. Findings showed that External Peer Review Program measures showed timely communication for 71% of abnormal; 80% of normal; and 82% of all test results within 30 days. Performance varied by facility: timely communication ranged between 46-94% for...
Date: April 22, 2022
» View more Publication Briefs
( 5 of more than 81 PACT focused projects
|| An Effectiveness Trial of the Triage Algorithm for PACT Pharmacy Services
|| Engaging Veterans and Family Supporters in PACT to Improve Diabetes Management
|| Linking Clinician Interaction and Coordination to Clinical Performance in VA PACT
|| Using Peer Mentors to Support PACT Team Efforts to Improve Diabetes Control
|| Integrating HIV Care in VA: Extending PACT Principles to Specialty Care
» View more Studies
HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters
5 sample "PACT" publications displayed.
Engaging Veterans and Family Supporters in PACT to Improve Diabetes Care || In Progress
Engaging Veterans and Family Supporters in PACT to Improve Diabetes Care Feature Article...or hyperlipidemia. The nationwide VA PACT (Patient-Aligned Care Teams) initiative
PACT to Improve Healthcare for People with Serious Mental Illness || In Progress
Health Conditions » Table of Contents PACT to Improve Healthcare for People with...under the Patent-Aligned Care Team (PACT) model, based on the Patient-Centered
Overview: Advancements in VA Primary Care || In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression
Team-Delivered Intervention for Smoking and Hazardous Drinking for Veterans with CVD Treated in Primary Care || In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...way. VA Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACTs) screen all patients annually for alcohol...alcohol and tobacco use, and thus the PACT platform is an ideal way to reach these
Advancements in VA Primary Care || In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...Aligned Care Team (PACT) Your VA Primary Care Provider and PACT Team Questions about
» View more Publications
Read more on this topic and related topics
The most recent "PACT" seminars are displayed.
There are currently no Cyberseminars for this topic.
- VISN 4's Center for Evaluation of PACT (CEPACT) is one of four Demonstration Labs funded by VA and HSR&D to evaluate the implementation of the Patient-Aligned Care Team (PACT) model. Read about research and leadership highlights from FY2010 through FY2014 in these CEPACT Fact Sheets. For more information, visit the CEPACT website at https://www.visn4.va.gov/VISN4/CEPACT/index.asp.
- Learn more about the research being conducted within HSR&D's PACT CREATE (Collaborative Research to Enhance and Advance Transformation and Excellence) initiative.
- To find tools, resources, and more information about various aspects of the PACT model, visit the VA's Office of Patient Care Services PACT website.
- Visit the HSR&D Center for the Study of Healthcare Innovation, Implementation and Policy and learn more about their research into supporting the PACT model of care delivery.