eHealth and telehealth leverage computer and telephone-based technologies—in concert with health informatics, specialty care, and case managements—to improve Veterans' care delivery, quality, and access. Telehealth and eHealth can also help improve the quality of Veterans' care when used by providers, such as when primary care providers use real-time video to seek advice from specialists on diagnoses or procedures. eHealth and telehealth technology can also provide Veterans and their caregivers with a greater degree of involvement in the their treatment through the use of web-based personal medical records like MyHealtheVet.
Search results were generated based on the search term "ehealth". Results are updated weekly, as new data are available.
VIEW: Citations | Publication Briefs | Studies | HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters | Topic Spotlight | Cyberseminars | Videos | Podcasts | Other Resources
(5 of more than 252 EHEALTH focused publications)
- Kobe EA, Diamantidis CJ, Bosworth HB, Davenport CA, Oakes M, Alexopoulos AS, Pendergast J, Patel UD, Crowley MJ. Racial Differences in the Effectiveness of a Multifactorial Telehealth Intervention to Slow Diabetic Kidney Disease. Medical care. 2020 Aug 21.
- Baum A, Kaboli PJ, Schwartz MD. Reduced In-Person and Increased Telehealth Outpatient Visits During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Annals of internal medicine. 2020 Aug 10.
- Ecker AH, Amspoker AB, Hogan JB, Lindsay JA. The Impact of Co-occurring Anxiety and Alcohol Use Disorders on Video Telehealth Utilization Among Rural Veterans. Journal of technology in behavioral science. 2020 Aug 6; 1-6.
- Choi NG, Marti CN, Wilson NL, Chen GJ, Sirrianni L, Hegel MT, Bruce ML, Kunik ME. Effect of Telehealth Treatment by Lay Counselors vs by Clinicians on Depressive Symptoms Among Older Adults Who Are Homebound: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Network Open. 2020 Aug 3; 3(8):e2015648.
- Vaughan EM, Hyman DJ, Naik AD, Samson SL, Razjouyan J, Foreyt JP. A Telehealth-supported, Integrated care with CHWs, and MEdication-access (TIME) Program for Diabetes Improves HbA1c: a Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of general internal medicine. 2020 Jul 22.
» View more Citations
(5 of more than 8 EHEALTH focused publication briefs)
- Veterans Participating in a VA National Telehealth Tablet Initiative Save Both Time and Money
In 2016, VA initiated a program to distribute video-enabled tablets to Veterans with geographic, clinical, and/or social access barriers to in-person care so that they could receive services in their homes or other convenient locations. As part of a national evaluation of this initiative, a patient experience survey was conducted with a subset of tablet recipients. Investigators in this study soug...
Date: December 26, 2019
- Video Telehealth Tablet Initiative Improves Access to and Continuity of Mental Healthcare for Veterans
In 2016, VA initiated a program to distribute video-enabled tablets to Veterans with geographic, clinical, or social access barriers to in-person care so that they could receive services in their homes or other convenient locations: 75% of tablet recipients had a mental health diagnosis, providing a unique opportunity to assess the effectiveness of this national dissemination of tablets. Findings ...
Date: August 5, 2019
- Veterans Eligible for VA Purchased Healthcare Based on Distance from VA Facilities Face Shortage of Non-VA Providers
This study examined the potential impacts of reforms to improve access to care for Veterans living in rural areas on these Veterans and healthcare providers. Findings showed that initiatives to purchase care for Veterans living more than 40 miles from VA facilities may not significantly improve their access to care, as these areas are underserved by non-VA providers. For example, about 16% of thes...
Date: May 29, 2018
- Telemedicine-Based Intervention Improves Outcomes for Veterans with Poorly Controlled Diabetes
Investigators in this pilot trial developed the Advanced Comprehensive Diabetes Care (ACDC) intervention, which bundles four evidence-based telemedicine approaches – telemonitoring, self-management support, medication management, and depression management – and is designed for practical delivery by existing VA Home Telehealth program nurses using standard VA equipment. Findings showed that the ACD...
Date: November 5, 2015
- Changes in VA Care since PACT Implementation
This study evaluated interim changes in PACT-related care processes. Findings showed that VA achieved rapid progress in building a PACT infrastructure in the first 30 months of an extensive four-year implementation plan, and some interim changes in processes of care were observed: in-person PCP visit rates decreased slightly; healthcare via telephone and Internet increased dramatically (e.g., pho...
Date: July 10, 2013
» View more Publication Briefs
( 5 of more than 118 EHEALTH focused projects
|| Effectiveness of telehealth to adequately manage ACSC such as admission for congestive heart failure (CHF)
|| Use of VA Telehealth Services at VAGLAHS during the COVID-19 Pandemic
|| Using telehealth to expand treatment access for Veterans with opioid use disorder
|| Telehealth to Support Antimicrobial Stewardship Implementation at VA Facilities
|| Telehealth Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Depression in Parkinson's Disease
» View more Studies
Read more on this topic and related topics
The most recent "ehealth" seminars are displayed.
Access Expansions through Virtual Modalities: Research-Based Insights for the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond
|| Jones, Audrey
Accelerating Implementation of Virtual Care in VHA Practice: Think Tank Results
|| Lewinski, Allison
Personalized Implementation of Video Telehealth (PIVOT)
|| Fletcher, Terri
Conducting Formative Evaluation, Studying Implementation Facilitation, & Documenting Model Adaptation ‘Over the Shoulders’ of Facilitators
|| Drummond, Karen
Ethnography as a Catalyst for Innovation in Implementation Science: Dynamic Methods for Complex Interventions
|| Martin, Lindsey Ann
» View more Cyberseminars
There are currently no videos for this topic.
- Learn more about how VA's Quality Enhancement Research Initiative Partnered Evaluation program is working with the VA Office of Telehealth Services to evaluate eHealth technologies across the VA healthcare system.
- Visit the VA's Office of Telehealth Service's website to learn more about how technology is being used to improve care for Veterans.
- Learn more about how VA's Quality Enhancement Research Initiative Virtual Specialty Care Program is working to deliver and evaluate technology facilitated specialty care to rural-dwelling Veterans.