eHealth and telehealth leverage computer and telephone-based technologies—in concert with health informatics, specialty care, and case managements—to improve Veterans' care delivery, quality, and access. Telehealth and eHealth can also help improve the quality of Veterans' care when used by providers, such as when primary care providers use real-time video to seek advice from specialists on diagnoses or procedures. eHealth and telehealth technology can also provide Veterans and their caregivers with a greater degree of involvement in the their treatment through the use of web-based personal medical records like MyHealtheVet.
Search results were generated based on the search term "ehealth". Results are updated weekly, as new data are available.
VIEW: Citations | Publication Briefs | Studies | HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters | Topic Spotlight | Cyberseminars | Videos | Podcasts | Other Resources
(5 of more than 246 EHEALTH focused publications)
- Guzman-Clark J, Yefimova M, Farmer MM, Wakefield BJ, Viernes B, Lee ML, Hahn TJ. Home Telehealth Technologies for Heart Failure: An Examination of Adherence Among Veterans. Journal of gerontological nursing. 2020 Jul 1; 46(7):26-34.
- Dandachi D, Freytag J, Giordano TP, Dang BN. It is Time to Include Telehealth in Our Measure of Patient Retention in HIV Care. AIDS and behavior. 2020 Apr 27.
- Der-Martirosian C, Chu K, Dobalian A. Use of Telehealth to Improve Access to Care at the United States Department of Veterans Affairs During the 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season. Disaster medicine and public health preparedness. 2020 Apr 13; 1-5.
- Gutierrez J, Kuperman E, Kaboli PJ. Using Telehealth as a Tool for Rural Hospitals in the COVID-19 Pandemic Response. The Journal of rural health : official journal of the American Rural Health Association and the National Rural Health Care Association. 2020 Apr 11.
- Dandachi D, Dang BN, Lucari B, Teti M, Giordano TP. Exploring the Attitude of Patients with HIV About Using Telehealth for HIV Care. AIDS Patient Care and Stds. 2020 Apr 1; 34(4):166-172.
» View more Citations
(5 of more than 8 EHEALTH focused publication briefs)
- Veterans Participating in a VA National Telehealth Tablet Initiative Save Both Time and Money
In 2016, VA initiated a program to distribute video-enabled tablets to Veterans with geographic, clinical, and/or social access barriers to in-person care so that they could receive services in their homes or other convenient locations. As part of a national evaluation of this initiative, a patient experience survey was conducted with a subset of tablet recipients. Investigators in this study soug...
Date: December 26, 2019
- Video Telehealth Tablet Initiative Improves Access to and Continuity of Mental Healthcare for Veterans
In 2016, VA initiated a program to distribute video-enabled tablets to Veterans with geographic, clinical, or social access barriers to in-person care so that they could receive services in their homes or other convenient locations: 75% of tablet recipients had a mental health diagnosis, providing a unique opportunity to assess the effectiveness of this national dissemination of tablets. Findings ...
Date: August 5, 2019
- Veterans Eligible for VA Purchased Healthcare Based on Distance from VA Facilities Face Shortage of Non-VA Providers
This study examined the potential impacts of reforms to improve access to care for Veterans living in rural areas on these Veterans and healthcare providers. Findings showed that initiatives to purchase care for Veterans living more than 40 miles from VA facilities may not significantly improve their access to care, as these areas are underserved by non-VA providers. For example, about 16% of thes...
Date: May 29, 2018
- Telemedicine-Based Intervention Improves Outcomes for Veterans with Poorly Controlled Diabetes
Investigators in this pilot trial developed the Advanced Comprehensive Diabetes Care (ACDC) intervention, which bundles four evidence-based telemedicine approaches – telemonitoring, self-management support, medication management, and depression management – and is designed for practical delivery by existing VA Home Telehealth program nurses using standard VA equipment. Findings showed that the ACD...
Date: November 5, 2015
- Changes in VA Care since PACT Implementation
This study evaluated interim changes in PACT-related care processes. Findings showed that VA achieved rapid progress in building a PACT infrastructure in the first 30 months of an extensive four-year implementation plan, and some interim changes in processes of care were observed: in-person PCP visit rates decreased slightly; healthcare via telephone and Internet increased dramatically (e.g., pho...
Date: July 10, 2013
» View more Publication Briefs
( 5 of more than 117 EHEALTH focused projects
|| Use of VA Telehealth Services at VAGLAHS during the COVID-19 Pandemic
|| Effectiveness of telehealth to adequately manage ACSC such as admission for congestive heart failure (CHF)
|| Using telehealth to expand treatment access for Veterans with opioid use disorder
|| Telehealth to Support Antimicrobial Stewardship Implementation at VA Facilities
|| Telehealth Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Depression in Parkinson's Disease
» View more Studies
HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters
5 sample "ehealth" publications displayed.
FORUM, May 2014: Connected Health
...measures for review and inclusion in the compendium. Unique Characteristics of eHealth Implementation eHealth implementation has several unique...
FORUM, May 2014: Connected Health
...Highlights The eHealth Measures Compendium by Bonnie J. Wakefield, Ph.D., R.N., FAAN, eHealth Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI),...
FORUM, May 2014: Connected Health
...M.D., M.P.H., FACMI, Timothy P. Hogan, Ph.D., and Lorilei Michaud Richardson, Ph.Dc., M.S., all with the VA eHealth Quality Enhancement Research...
Fall 2016 FORUM
...K. Houston, MD, MPH, and Timothy P. Hogan, PhD, both with HSR&D's Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research and eHealth Partnered...
Summer 2017 FORUM
...and patients working across time, space, and organizational boundaries using digital modes of communication (e.g., telehealth, ehealth, mhealth,...
» View more Publications
Read more on this topic and related topics
The most recent "ehealth" seminars are displayed.
Access Expansions through Virtual Modalities: Research-Based Insights for the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond
|| Jones, Audrey
Accelerating Implementation of Virtual Care in VHA Practice: Think Tank Results
|| Lewinski, Allison
Personalized Implementation of Video Telehealth (PIVOT)
|| Lindsay, Jan
Conducting Formative Evaluation, Studying Implementation Facilitation, & Documenting Model Adaptation ‘Over the Shoulders’ of Facilitators
|| Drummond, Karen
Ethnography as a Catalyst for Innovation in Implementation Science: Dynamic Methods for Complex Interventions
|| Martin, Lindsey Ann
» View more Cyberseminars
There are currently no videos for this topic.
- Learn more about how VA's Quality Enhancement Research Initiative Partnered Evaluation program is working with the VA Office of Telehealth Services to evaluate eHealth technologies across the VA healthcare system.
- Visit the VA's Office of Telehealth Service's website to learn more about how technology is being used to improve care for Veterans.
- Learn more about how VA's Quality Enhancement Research Initiative Virtual Specialty Care Program is working to deliver and evaluate technology facilitated specialty care to rural-dwelling Veterans.