HSR&D 2017 Field-Based Awards Announcement and Call for Reviewers
October 17, 2017
VA Health Services Research and Development Service (HSR&D) is happy to announce the next round of our three Field-Based Awards to recognize excellence and the unique achievements of VA HSR&D investigators. The Awards are presented annually and the submission deadline for the 2017 awards is November 8, 2017.
Please contact Eric Enone at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to submit nomination packages. We look forward to your nominations!
HSR&D is also seeking qualified VA clinical experts in a variety of specialty areas (medicine/surgery and all subspecialties, nursing, and other allied health care areas); social scientists (e.g. psychologists, sociologists, economists, and experts in organizational theory) and investigators with mentorship experience to serve as reviewers for the HSR&D Awards Program. Reviewers will evaluate nominations in the three categories above.
Qualifications for HSR&D reviewers include:
- relevant research experience and education;
- the ability to effectively analyze research nomination packages against specific criteria;
- the ability to assess the strengths and weaknesses associated with specific nomination packages;
- the ability to clearly express evaluations in writing and orally during peer review discussions; and
- a commitment to ensuring the confidentiality of the review process and the identity of nominees.
HSR&D will conduct the peer reviews by teleconference and anticipates the reviews to be held between mid and late November 2017.
Individuals interested in becoming reviewers for the HSR&D Field-Based Awards are asked to please:
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line of "HSR&D Awards Reviewer Submission", attach your curriculum vitae, and indicate your area(s) of expertise.
Please refer to our website for more information regarding the HSR&D Awards and review criteria.